Apakah Anda manajemen?Klaim halaman sekolah ini
PenilaianBantu lengkapi data
Tulis review untuk SMA Kolese Kanisius Jakarta
Canisius' history began on October 26, 1926, with the arrival of Dr. J. Kurris, its first director. On June 1, 1927, the first class of AMS (Algemene Middelbare School) was started. The building of dormitories, hall, and tennis court was finished in July 1929, and on October 26, 1931 Canisius College achieved official status with the appointment of Fr. A. van Hoof, S.J., as its first rector.
During World War II, all activities were suspended and the college was used as a public high school. It was reopened on January 1, 1946.
In 1952, Canisius opened junior and senior high divisions. For 15 years (1952-1967), 90%-100% of students passed the national final examination. In 1967, the curriculum was changed and divided into three areas of study: culture-literature, social economics, and science. In 1974, the college implemented a point credit system.
Canisius College aspires to be a centre of excellence for the education of future leaders moved by principle and inspired by faith.
As a school, Canisius College strives to educate its students to earnestly live up to the principle of competence, conscience, and compassion. As a Catholic school, Canisius College strives to accompa