Jl. Menteng Raya No. 64, RT. 03 / RW. 09, Kebon Sirih, Menteng . Jakarta Pusat
Rp - /
Canisius' history began on October 26, 1926, with the arrival of Dr. J. Kurris, its first director. On June 1, 1927, the first class of AMS (Algemene Middelbare School) was started. The building of dormitories, hall, and tennis court was finished in July 1929, and on October 26, 1931 Canisius College achieved official status with the appointment of Fr. A. van Hoof, S.J., as its first rector.
During World War II, all activities were suspended and the college was used as a public high school. It was reopened on January 1, 1946.
In 1952, Canisius opened junior and senior high divisions. For 15 years (1952-1967), 90%-100% of students passed the national final examination. In 1967, the curriculum was changed and divided into three areas of study: culture-literature, social economics, and science. In 1974, the college implemented a point credit system.